Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Do bread machines really save that much time

"cybercat" wrote
> "sueb" wrote

>>I make 1.5# loaves - not tiny. I need to start making 1# loaves.
>>My ABM makes up to 2# loaves.

> I should have gotten a bread maker that makes a bigger loaf.

You have the 1.5lb machine? My first one was that size. They work well
enough and take less counterspace. If you plan to mostly make dough in it,
it will handle a 2lb loaf recipe of just dough most likely.

Most of my 2lb loaf types make about 14 slices (I have a plastic model bread
slicer so you just run the knife through the grooves), so 7 samwiches or I
might use the thicker slice (2 grooves) and make a texas toast sort of cut
for an open face samwich. You get about 10 regular slices off the 1.5lb
loaf.