Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine in ri maxine in ri is offline

Default Do bread machines really save that much time

On Sep 26, 9:37*am, Sheldon > wrote:

> The only thing an ABM doesn't do is form up fancy schmancy loaves...
> but of those hand formed I've seen displayed here no none excels in
> that area either... in fact their loaves are so fercocktah looking
> they'd do better to use an ABM. *And even with the ABM a certain
> amount of thought is required for anticipating loaf configuration,
> otherwise there wouldn't be all those inqueries about hockey pucks and
> spill overs... not to mention collapsing, lousy crumb, miserable
> crust, and the plethora of dilemmas the same as occur with
> conventional/manual bread baking. *

Most of those problems are due to imprecise measurement. I oughtta
know<g>.
You measure correctly, follow the formula/recipe, and have good yeast,
you got a good loaf of bread.

My latest loaves have been white bread (for the kidlet) and rice bread
(white bread with added cooked rice. Not to be made again. Adding
rice to bread is dumb.)

maxine in ri