Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Do bread machines really save that much time

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article >,
> > "Brian Christiansen" > wrote:
> > (snip)
> >> straight dough method, I dont think it really saves that much time.
> >>
> >> Brian Christiansen

> (snippety)
> > I borrowed my daughter's a couple years ago and used it maybe four or
> > five times to see what the shouting is about. Reminds me that I
> > should return it to them.
> >
> > I'm not sure that their attractiveness is based on saving time, Brian.

> My brother got an ABM for Christmas some years ago. The prospect of working
> dough by hand was *not* his idea of a good time but he loves (who doesn't?)
> the smell of bread baking. Like you, he used it maybe 4-5 times. The
> novelty wore off and it became just another thing to store. I think he gave
> it away when he moved.
>
> Pssst, Barb, if your daughter hasn't asked for it back after a couple of
> years I'm guessing she didn't use it much, either
>
> Jill

Right. WhatshisnamehisnameisJamie likes toys. And then, like most
children, he tires of his toys and wants new ones. Beck's content to
let it take up space in my house rather than in theirs.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller,