Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ralph[_5_] Ralph[_5_] is offline

Default Do bread machines really save that much time

It's a favourite appliance of mine, next to the coffee maker, both in
usefullness and on the counter. I wouldn't be without it.

It takes me about 15 minutes to put the ingredients in, and then just forget
it 'til it's done.
It probably saves a bit on power over a conventional oven, too, because of
volume, but that also is minor.
Time saving? Well, I can only say I don't have to watch or time it for
rising, kneading, or finishing. 'Course I don't get the options to change
those items, either.
I like it.