Posted to rec.food.preserving
Mike[_2_] Mike[_2_] is offline

Default question about homemade vanilla extract

>>> Thank you for your reply. Yes, I was thinking about 5-8 oz sizes, as
>>> these will be presents for Christmas.

>> Well you do realize that once we open those bottles of vanilla they
>> sit in the cupboard sometimes for years and are just fine. My bottle
>> source is Mountain Rose Herbs
>> http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/sup...s_bottles.html

> Specialty Bottle (http://www.specialtybottle.com/) is another fine source
> for containers. I've been very happy with my orders from them. I use
> their tins for dry herbs and spices and have some eye-dropper bottles for
> citrus oils and the like. They have very competitive pricing too (always
> a bonus).

I get my 5 oz woozy (hot sauce bottles) from there. I am close to Seattle
so shipping is not much for me.
Its cheaper to pay for shipping . approximately 15$ for 10 dozen bottles
than to pay for the ferry and gas to pick it up.

Freund Container.com is another place I have ordered from whatever is
closer to you will probably be the best buy. The shipping charges increase
the further away you are.