Posted to alt.food.wine
Ronin[_22_] Ronin[_22_] is offline

Default cellaring

I have seen posted here that 56 deg F is the proper cellaring
temperature, and I wonder if anyone can offer a citation for such, or
knows of any study done to show what is the proper temp and humidity
other than "common knowledge." Further, has there been any studies as
to how maturing is effected by a few degrees warmer or cooler? In my
own case, I have an uncontrolled basement room which stays about 55 deg
in the winter, and 65 in the summer. And as I am advancing in age (as
which of us isn't?) I am finding myself wondering how I can push
maturity without damaging the poor babies...