Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate
Fly MAS Fly MAS is offline

Default Anyone tried drying limes?

PeterLucas wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in
> :
>
> > JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> >> I'm the happy recipient of about 3 dozen limes from a friend who just
> >> returned from New Orleans. She suggested using my dehydrator to dry
> >> some (actually most) of them so we can use them in Middle Eastern
> >> recipes. The dehydrator manual mentions nothing about drying citrus
> >> fruit. Anyone have any tips?

> Just do a couple to start with and see how they go.

Sage advice, Dr. Einstein...!!!

> > No, but I just bought 3 limes from a local "tienda y taqueria".
> > Anyone who says I should shop at ethnic markets needs to come along
> > with me and be able to speak fluent Spanish. Cuban spanish, I'm
> > guessing. The last time I went to an ethnic market in Memphis I asked
> > for tamales and what they sold me were extremely sweet corn tamales
> > which wasn't at all what I was looking for.
> >
> > There's a reason I don't shop at ethnic markets.

> I *love* ethnic markets!!
>
> I'll be in Kuala Lumpur in a week and a half, and will be hitting the
> weekend markets first off.

Oh, I bet...what's the age of sexual consent again in Malaysia...???

> It's going to be a hoot!! :-)

I hear they sell cheap knock - off veneral disease remedies at those markets
in KL ... stock up...!!!

;-)

--
Best
Greg

" I find Greg Morrow lowbrow, witless, and obnoxious. For him to claim that
we are some
kind of comedy team turns my stomach."
- "cybercat" to me on rec.food.cooking