Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone tried drying limes?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> I'm the happy recipient of about 3 dozen limes from a friend who just
> returned from New Orleans. She suggested using my dehydrator to dry
> some (actually most) of them so we can use them in Middle Eastern
> recipes. The dehydrator manual mentions nothing about drying citrus
> fruit. Anyone have any tips?

No, but I just bought 3 limes from a local "tienda y taqueria". Anyone who
says I should shop at ethnic markets needs to come along with me and be able
to speak fluent Spanish. Cuban spanish, I'm guessing. The last time I went
to an ethnic market in Memphis I asked for tamales and what they sold me
were extremely sweet corn tamales which wasn't at all what I was looking
for.

There's a reason I don't shop at ethnic markets.

I only bought the limes because I'd have felt bad just walking out without
buying anything. I pointed at the limes and she said "Tres. Three? One
dollar". That much we both understood So I bought three limes. Now I
have to figure out what to do with them.

Jill