Posted to rec.food.cooking
JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] JoeSpareBedroom[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone tried drying limes?

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
newsjaBk.578$8v5.471@trnddc01...
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote on Sat, 20 Sep 2008 12:45:52 -0400:
>
>> I'm the happy recipient of about 3 dozen limes from a friend
>> who just returned from New Orleans. She suggested using my
>> dehydrator to dry some (actually most) of them so we can use
>> them in Middle Eastern recipes. The dehydrator manual mentions
>> nothing about drying citrus fruit. Anyone have any tips?

> I can see wanting to preserve a surplus of limes but, if you like them in
> cooking, you can buy dried limes at Middle Eastern grocery stores and they
> are not expensive.

True, but I'm concerned that I have no way to use most of the limes I have
on hand, so preserving at least some of them would be good. I could go nuts
with 4 bottles of Tanqueray, but then I'll have other issues to contend
with. :-)