Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ms P Ms P is offline

Default pectin - Certo

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Ms P" > wrote:
>

>> Pectin is pectin. But the method used for powdered and liquid pectin
>> differs. Follow the instructions to the letter for the type of pectin
>> you
>> have and the recipe specifies.
>>
>> Yes, there are formulas that tell you how much pectin to use. They're
>> called recipes. Find one and follow it.
>>
>> Ms P

> Not all pectins are the same, Ms P, and 6 ounces of liquid pectin cannot
> be swapped out with 6 ounces of powder pectin, assuming all other
> ingredients remain the same.
>
> John is better off to inquire at rec.food.preserving.
>
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ

You swap it for the appropriate amount of pectin and you follow the method
for whichever pectin you're using. I've swapped powder for liquid in
several recipes. You do have to have an idea of what you're doing first
though.

I've made lots of case of jams and jellies. I've made jelly with Dr Pepper,
Mt. Dew and wine. I've combined fruits to make jams. It's not like I don't
know what I'm doing.

Blackberry-Plum and Cherry-Berry were our favorites, closely followed by
Cinnamon Pear and Raspberry-Peach. Habanero Peach was also a huge hit.

Ms P