Posted to rec.food.preserving
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Pickled avocado?

Brian Mailman wrote:
> George Shirley wrote:
>
>> The only way I eat avocado is in guacamole, otherwise I don't care
>> for them. Never met a mango that I liked either, even when I owned a
>> piece of a 10 hectare mango plantation in the Philipines. They just
>> taste astringent to me.

> When I visited my brother in Saipan, there were these pickled mango
> slices I became fond of. Very crisp, very crunchy, and fire engine
> orange. The pickled papaya was similar, only fire engine yellow.
>
> B/

I love fresh papaya and even the dried slices. First time I ever ate it
was in Thailand when I was there on R&R and fell in love with the fruit
and the country. Unfortunately what I can get here is usually either
over ripe or green so it's not as good.