Brick

Default "Slaughter houses should be..."

wrote:

> >The truth of the matter is that generations of people grew up

slaughtering and
> >butchering their own meat and I would venture to guess that very

few of them
> >became vegetarians.......
> >

> I'd also be willing to wager that the kind of violence seen today
> (especially among teens, etc.) was less common...almost every meal

you
> saw first hand what it was to kill. Takes the glamour out of it.
>
> Bob

What Bob and April said. As a child I got farmed out a lot to
grandparents
and a great aunt. My great aunt raised poultry and baked what have
you for
the farmer's market. I couldn't count the number of ducks, geese,
turkeys and
chickens that I helped her prepare for market. None of them was
'Bambi'.
Later in my teens, we grew hogs and beef. We killed and butchered our
own.
Sometimes we had too many cats. Well that had to be dealt with. But we
always
ate good. Aint't no glamour. You're either hungry or you're not. Wait
'til you're
starving. Your attitude will adjust.

Brick