Default "Slaughter houses should be..."

TreeHugger wrote:

> "Slaughter houses should be in restaurants and grocery stores. They
> should have a glass wall so people must see the animals and choose.
> Look into the animal's eyes and say, 'OK, slit HIS throat.'" -- Ingrid
> Newkirk

Hey, finally something I agree with. Used to work summers on a kill
floor. Gave me a great deal of respect for meat. I let a lot of veggies go

to waste but when I have to toss some meat I go ballistic. Something
had to die for that, and there's no need to waste it.
I also feel that if kids are exposed to where food really comes from
(hunting, fishing, slaughter houses, etc.) We wouldn't have so many
vegan freaks out there. It would just be a part of life, not some abstract
idea
tossed into there heads, and if they chose not to eat meat it would have
some valid basis. Not the feely good crap you have out there now.
If you believe in evolution we are all part of the food chain, and I see
no reason not to participate in it to the best of my abilities. We didn't
get to
the top of it chewing cud.
Dave

And a brief message for Treehugger, you are making off topic
posts to this group. If you don't stop I'm going outside and
start killing the neighbor's cats.