Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default Italian Moka Express Vs French Coffee Press

Univeros wrote:

> Which one do you like more? Im a Moka man, the flavour and strenght it
> brings out in coffee is by far my fav, the french press, well its
> second, great taste and easier than the moka to prepare.,
>
> Everymorning, out comes the Moka Express, and half the morning is
> spent trying to recover from caffeine overdose....

Neither of those brewing methods passes the
coffee through a paper filter. Coffee contains
the diterpenes cafestol and kahweol, which raise
LDL (bad cholesterol), but paper filters absorb
nearly all of these diterpenes.

Here's a link to an article in the British Medical Journal
on the subject:

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/313/7069/1362

I believe the term "cafetiere coffee" means the same thing
as French press.