David Wright

Default The Hound

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:45:29 GMT, "thopper" >
wrote:

>I have no idea who knows this but I just received an email from Cuchulain
>Libby's sister Morgan that he passed away in his sleep on Wed. night.

I got that too, Tyler. I didn't ever meet him in person, but I
remember his kindness to me about two years ago after a post in one of
these two newsgroups when I said something about being in a wheelchair
and setting up my equipment at our new house.

I'm sure he thought I was temporarily in the roller and he wrote and
offered to smoke a butt and a brisket for me and bring them over. I
thanked him and explained that it wasn't a short-time thing, and that
I was doing a pretty good job of getting set up on my new patio.

I never did make it to one of those sat.food gatherings at
Bullpepper's (except the very first "soft opening" in 1999), although
I think he did.

It is beyond irony that we lost both Hound and Jerry Jungmann (owner
of Bullpepper's, for those who don't know) within a month of each
other.

I think I'll manufacture a few whiffs of smoke next Tuesday.

David