Tank

Default Outers Electric Smoker?

I have inherited an Outers brand electric smoker. It is about
2ft high x 1ft x 1ft. All aluminum construction. One whole
side is a flip-up door. There are several racks inside. It has
a single electric element at the bottom. Directly above the
element is a rack which holds a small frying-pan type container,
with a wooden handle. There is a small trap door at the base of
the flip-up to allow removal of this pan. The pan has a wooden
handle, and the handle protrudes through a hole in the trap
door.

I did not get any instructions with this unit. The box says it can
be used for "smoking and curing". Is this more of a cold-smoker
than a cooker? Is this smoking for preservation and flavor, rather
than cooking and flavor as in larger smokers such as an ECB?
I am hoping to use this for deep smoking of fish and cheeese,
as well as perhaps slices of beef tongue, etc. Christmas being
right around the corner, I am thinking of home-made treats as
gifts.

Any ideas as to where I can get a user manual, or some guidance
on using this? I did a Google search, but did not find any real
references to Outers. Have they gone out of business?

Thanks!

--
Tank

Welcome to the "Q" Zone!