John O

Default Chef Juke's Raspberry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce

> there's just too damned much jelly in there. It's still great, but you
> don't expect to "scoop" BBQ sauce.
>
> Is there any chance of fixing it?

The jelly is pectin. Good stuff if you want jelly.

When I make wine, I use pectinase, which breaks up the natural pectin in
each grape that makes them remain a jellied mass after crushing. The idea is
you get more liquid, and more wine.

Maybe you can pick up some pectinase at a wine-making place. Might cost a
couple bucks for a 2 oz. bottle. A drop might be a good place to start, but
I have no idea if this will really work. Maybe test it on some regular jelly
and see what happens.

-John O
--double yer money back guarantee on this advice. :-)