David K

Default Bad news from my doctor

"Eddie" > wrote in message
> I went for a routine check-up with my doctor on Friday last. She
> noticed I had gained weight. I agreed. I'm 5'8" and weighed in at
> 195.6 lbs. She then said (gasp!) "I'm recommending you go on a diet."
> And she further stated that I should (double gasp!) try the Weight
> Watchers program!
> Holy veganmolley! Does that mean I give up my briskets, (which I just
> learned to cook), pork shoulder butts which I learned to Q in my
> Kamado first? And how about my baby back ribs that I continue to
> learn from AFB that there are 100 ways to cook?
> Please don't tell me I have to give up those delicacies.
> Ok, I'll give up my Baby Ruths, and my 1/4 lb. cinnamon rolls, and my
> pig outs at Todai's every once in a while, and maybe even my Dreyer's
> Toasted Almond ice cream, but meats?
> Omigod, what am I to do?
> Eddie

Have a look at this program. It worked for me. I lost 30 pounds in 13
weeks, and I've kept it off for over a year. Others in the program I know
were able to lose a lot more than that. They have local places all over the
country. Find a place near you and go there for the free orientation.

http://www.hmrprogram.com/

Also, Take your current weight, multiply by 12. That's how many calories
you have to eat to maintain your current weight. East less than that, and
you will lose weight. . If you exercise as well (and you should) you can
subtract those calories from your caloric intake (food) and lose even more.
1 pound is 3500 calories, so if you lower your caloric intake by 1000 per
day, you can lose a pound in about 3 days. Eat more fruits and veggies,
drink 64 oz (or more)of water a day, make frequent trips to the bathroom,
and eat some low calorie meals. Every once in a while you can have the BBQ,
but not everyday.

I was 5"8 and about 205 lbs. Now I'm holding steady at 175 with a Body Mass
Index of about 20.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do! -- David K.