Posted to rec.food.cooking
Stan Horwitz Stan Horwitz is offline

Default WOT: BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

In article >,
"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "Gregory Morrow" > wrote in message
> >
> > Of course that's *not* McCain's strategy at *all*, Stan...and those
> > "long -
> > time Hillary supporters" need to grow up, their candidate did not make the
> > cut. They need to move on with life...
> >

> From my unscientific observations, there are two kinds of Hillary
> supporters. Those the look at her accomplishments and agenda and support
> it. The other is the ones that will vote for her because she is a woman.
> The first ones are rational thinkers and will find a different candidate to
> support whose ideas are similar to their own. The second group will vote for
> any woman in any party no matter the qualifications.
>
> Single issue voters are usually very shortsighted and have no idea how our
> congress works.

I disagree. Most Hillary supporters are liberals, through and through.
Hillary had a huge amount of support from liberal union members. Union
members tend to vote Democrat. We know that some people supported
Hillary only because she has a uterus. Those who supported Hillary only
because she has a uterus are a mix of moderate Republicans and
independents. Some of those people will vote for McCain, a few will stay
home on election day, and the others will vote third party. The majority
of Hillary's supporters will vote for Obama because they support
Hillary's campaign platform and they oppose everything McCain/Bush stand
for.

Keep in mind that the reason Obama and Hillary came up so close in many
states' primaries is because their platforms are nearly identical. The
close similarity between their platforms made it difficult for me to
decide who to vote for in New Jersey's primary. I ended up voting for
Obama, but I have enormous respect for Hillary.