Posted to rec.food.cooking
Stan Horwitz Stan Horwitz is offline

Default WOT: BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

In article > ,
"Gregory Morrow" > wrote:

> Of course that's *not* McCain's strategy at *all*, Stan...and those "long -
> time Hillary supporters" need to grow up, their candidate did not make the
> cut. They need to move on with life...

McCain's strategy by appointing a female political maverick is as clear
as the computer in front of my face now. He is trying to win over some
more Hillary supporters and some more right wing supporters, as well as
some independents who want a political maverick in the White House. Its
a bad strategy because he's trying to win over two groups voters who're
already going to vote for him regardless of who he picked as his VP
running mate and another group that won't be fooled by this stunt.

I totally agree with you that Hillary's supporters need to get over her
loss. Hillary ran an impressive campaign, but so did Obama. Hillary did
make some huge errors in her campaign. She lost of her own accord, not
because of sexism on the part of the media or anyone else. If Hillary
won the primary, I would vote for her this November.

That being said, I think the news media is exaggerating the situation
with Hillary's supporters. Most Hillary supporters will vote for Obama.
I was at one of Hillary's political rallies a few months ago and the
majority of them were obviously union people. Most of them were from a
nurses' union. If McCain thinks he secured any more Hillary voters by
picking Palin, he's off his rocker. If he thinks Palin will gain
political maverick status for McCain and that he's an agent of change,
he's an idiot. McCain's voting record is over 90% in agreement with
Bush. McCain cannot escape his last eight years of voting with Bush no
matte what he does, and there's not a think Karl Rove can do to help him
out of the pit that Rove obviously helped create.

If McCain wants to avoid being seen as a flip flop artist, he last that
chance eight years ago. Kerry got reamed in the polls for flip flopping
four years ago. Now, the same fate is heading toward McCain. Both McCain
and Rove are heading for a political fall of epic proportions. They are
also both idiots of they think the narrow difference between them in the
polls now means anything on election day. The reality is that new voter
registrations for Democrats are far outpacing Republicans, and that's a
much more telling statistic then anything that CNN, Gallop, and the
other polling organizations can share with us.