Posted to rec.food.cooking
blake murphy[_2_] blake murphy[_2_] is offline

Default WOT: BYE BYE Barack... HELLO Sarah!

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 18:38:14 -0700, Paul M. Cook wrote:

> "Goomba" > wrote in message
>> Paul M. Cook wrote:
>>
>>> We don't make an issue out of it. We never ran a phony Texan with a fake
>>> accent and a fake ranch (he's afraid of horses) as a "man of the people"
>>> when he was really a blueblood from Connecticut. Only your guys fall for
>>> that crap.

>> Does living there until age 3 MONTHS old REALLY qualify one as a
>> Connecticut Yankee?
>> Does that make Hillary a fake New Yorker??

> He was born in New Haven Connecticut. He lived in Connecticut until the age
> of twelve then spent a year or so in Texas then went back to Connecticut.
> He also went to Philips Andover Academy as a youth. That is the bluest of
> the blue blood schools. His whole family has lived in Connecticut for
> generations. Prescott Bush never left. Bush Senior was a carpetbagger who
> claimed a parking lot in Houston was his home. Bush Junior is the only
> Bush who speaks with an accent. And any Texan will tell you it is a white
> trash accent they call "oil well."
>
> Paul

he also bought his 'ranch' (where apparently he raises only brush) in 1999,
shortly before the election in 2000, some say on the advice of karl rove,
and plans to move from godforsaken crawford in sometime in 2009.

i believe the texas expression is 'all hat, no cattle.'

your pal,
blake