notbob

Default The shame of it all

On 2003-10-16, BOB > wrote:
> Just returned from Sam's. Their chicken is all that Perdue brined crap now.
> In the past, it wasn't pre-brined.
>
> I am doing my part....

I'm the local Safeway gadfly. The staff is relieved when I'm not
bitching about something. As for the brine, no doubt it's just an
excuse for the water, a cheap weight adding device used to spike ham for
decades. Now that they've taken the first step, they're not likely to
back down. I'm also starting to see "color added" on fresh(?) salmon.

I'm about ready to take up hunting, again. Shoot me a pig. Pheasant season
is next month. Any states have a wild steer season?

nb