Jack Curry

Default grilling on the K

Jeneen Sommers wrote:
> Hi Everyone -
>
> I've had a Kamado for a few years now, and have
> smoked some _great_ food. But I have little experience
> grilling on it, mainly because the grate is a little
> too far from the coals (or maybe I just don't know
> what I'm doing).
>
> Despite that, I've promised to grill some beef for
> friends this weekend and was hoping to find a good
> recipe on kamado.com where the grate-to-coals distance
> might have been worked into the recipe technique.
> I can't find the recipe link. Sigh. Can some kind
> soul out there either point me to the Kamado recipie
> link, or post a favorite recipe? I'm looking for
> something flavorful, but not too spicy.
>
> Thanks guys!
>
> Jeneen

BOB and Kevin have already given you good advice on temperatures and fire
management, so here's a favorite of mine when it comes to cooking a steak.
Soak it in Lauriat dark soy sauce from the Phillippines for about 15 minutes
before cooking. That's all it takes. Not spicy, but a terrific flavor.
Jack Curry