Duwop

Default Mensa Challenge

Steve Calvin > wrote in message >...
> Bolivar wrote:
>
> > Jbya wrote:
> >

> >>I am cutting a recipe calling for a #10 of ketchup by 1/4. I know a #10 can
> >>of Hunts ketchup has a net weight of 7 lbs, 3 oz. Oh, and I don't have a
> >>scale.

Any recipe calling for ketchup don't need this level of precision.
It's supposed to be inexact, flavors a different for everyone. Unless
it's a ketchup cake? My opinion anyway.....

Warning, bourbon thoughts follow.....

Now I know men that cook tend to veer towards one of two camps, the
precise camp, where everything is written down to a nicety; and the
feel camp, who prefer the mmore organic feel of cooking to taste,
whatever that might be that particular day.

This question is a classic "precision" ( or engineer ) question.

Me? I'm a bit precise (not to the ml of ketchup though) with something
till I've done it once or twice, after I feel I know the result I
want, I start to free form it, while knowing the base I started with.
With things I'm comfortable with, no (conscious) science at all any
longer. Overall I'd like to think I'm more of the latter, but.....

What are you?

Engineer ?
Artist ?
Mixed ?

I'd tell you what I expect to see, but that would influence this
wouldnt it? Therebye ruining it's totally scientific nature, natch...
<bg>