Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Cookware - Gordon Ramsay

"Jack" > wrote in message
> pltrgyst > wrote:

>> I'm not sure which I would be more embarassed to have guests see in my
>> kitchen
>> -- cookware from Gordon Ramsay or Rachel Ray, or Emerilware.
>>
>> -- Larry

> Don't forget the Emnirilware is made by All Clad. Dunno about Ramsay's
> or Ray's.
>
> --
> Jack N2MPU

Emerilware is made in China. All Clad also notes that lids and other parts
are made overseas now too. Their one claim to fame in the past was USA
made, but now they are hanging on with just some of that. I wonder if the
same steel mill is turning out the same coils of steel for all of the
tri-ply stuff.

From All Clad's web site
There are areas in which All-Clad does not manufacture in the USA. These

1. Where the bonding of metals is not required for superior cooking
performance (E.g. tools, accessories)
2. On regular non-bonded components where making in the USA would add to the
retail price but not generally to performance (E.g. lids)