Jacquie

Default Bad news from my doctor

I'm just a lurker here...had to chuckle at your post...not the diet part but
giving up your favorite stuff.
I lost a hundred pounds a few years back.(Was diagnosed with diabetes) I
tried the Adkins Diet...but didn't stay on it because after awhile all that
protein becomes boring. So I went back to eating the stuff I like in
moderation...well maybe less. At holiday meals I would put a tablespoon of
everything I liked on my plate....that way I got to eat everything I
liked...and didn't end up craving for it. If we went out to dinner I would
order a fillet cut it in half...cut my potato in half...and eat my salad. I
also walked allot. I now have severe arthritis in my knees so haven't been
able to walk for any length of time for a year...So have gained some of my
weight back. We have had a pool put in our back yard and I have begun
exercising again. So much for my story The bottom line is to loose weight
we must cut calories...and exercise. Also don't try to loose more then one
or two pounds a week...you will find it stays off longer. Try to cut your
calories by 250 to 500 calories a day. You'll find you won't have to do
without that much if you do that. Weight Watchers does the point thingy and
I could never understand it What I'm trying to say you can still have the
meat you like so well...but just cut back on the amount you usually eat. It
also helps to make an appointment with a Dietician....they can explain allot
to you about diet.
Jacquie

By the way I enjoy reading about barbequing....I'm hoping next year to buy a
smoker...I love those smoked turkey legs