barry

Default Bad news from my doctor

First thing I would do is buy a small notebook and take note of EVERYTHING I
ate every day for two weeks. Note if and how your weight changes. You may
find that the act of recording the things you eat causes you to modify what
you eat, either what it is or how much of it. (The much maligned Hawthorn
Effect. Or someone's observation, "Observing something changes it.")

Second thing I would do is take this list to my doctor and see where she
would suggest changes. You may find that you are eating too much ice cream,
bread or butter. Working with the doctor or a recommended nutritionist, see
if you can devise a few simple modifications of your existing eating habits
that will make you lose a little each week or month and that you can live
with for a long time.

Third thing I would do is start walking a bit more each day. If you can get
up to two miles a day within a few weeks and keep it up, you will be all the
better for it.

This isn't a big deal and doesn't involve going on Weight Washers or Atkins
or any other diet. This type program stands a pretty good chance of
success, because it's built around what you already do and a few simple
changes in your lifestyle.

Barry