Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Unexpected Kitchen Expense :(

Nancy Young > wrote:

>I hear ya, I can't just put stuff like that at the curb. I have to deal
>with it, and hiring people to haul it is not cheap.

Where I live, the city will schedule up to one "major pickup
day" per year per residence. There are some restrictions,
of course, but you can mostly get rid of your bulky items
that way.

The major hassle is when you do this, and start piling
stuff onto the curb, casual passerby start adding their
own stuff including prohibited items. So you kind of
have to keep your eye on it, and be prepared to harass
people.

Actually it's kinda fun.

Steve