Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Unexpected Kitchen Expense :(

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Goomba" > wrote
>
>> I know is we were happy not to have to pay someone to haul it off and
>> dispose of it. I have so much in my garage and driveway needing
>> disposal. What a PITA.

> I hear ya, I can't just put stuff like that at the curb. I have to
> deal with it, and hiring people to haul it is not cheap. I always
> mention if (whatever) is still working, maybe someone would like it. Last
> year the tv delivery guy was thrilled to get a big tv that still
> works, and I was happy it got a new home.
>
> Don't get me wrong, the appliance store took the old stuff
> anyway, but I have on occasion been left with things.
>
> One thing I did a couple of times was rent a truck, one of those
> $19.95 a day deals that's really about $50 and get rid of a bunch
> of stuff at the recycle center/wherever they take stuff in your
> town. Maybe you could do that, clean out your garage.
>
> nancy

1-800-JUNK. (That's not a joke!). When I moved into my apartment I had my
own refrigerator. They took theirs out (and deducted a few bucks off the
monthly rent) and I used mine until it finally died (it was close to 20
years old). When it *did* die I was stuck with getting rid of the old one.
Called 1-800-JUNK and they sent a couple of guys over with a big truck.
They hauled off the refrigerator (to an appropriate disposal place) and an
old overstuffed chair for under $100.

Jill