Cate

Default Flavors of pumpkins

"Julia Altshuler" > wrote in message
news:cw0mb.5941$9E1.29722@attbi_s52...

> Tell me what the featured chefs said about buying them. I know to
> choose ones that are heavy for their size (meaning that if 2 are the
> same size, choose the heavier). Other than that, I haven't a clue as to
> how to find one that's sweet and flavorful.

I wish I could tell you more about that, but I wasn't listening closely
until I heard the word gorgonzola. Here it is on the local affiliate's web
site: http://www.wypr.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=features&id=4 I don't think
they have audio files, but there are recipes from this spot and from old
ones.

> The butternut gorgonzola puffs sound interesting.

I take it back. I disinctly heard the words 'gorgonzola puffs' but the web
site (above) has a recipe for butternut gorgonzola soufflette.

> Getting a little off topic. I don't normally count on finding good food
> at airports, but running through Chicago's O'Hare to catch a connecting
> flight, we got butternut soup to go at Wolfgang Puck's. It was
> wonderful. I could hardly believe it, but I said to my boyfriend
> "imagine getting this soup at a fine restaurant instead of plastic
> fast-food joint." We both agreed it was as good as anything we'd gotten
> at fancier places.

Hm. The only place I've ever had butternut soup is at Moosewood, and it
turned me onto eating squash. It was delicious--not too doctored up. The
flavor really came through. Wish I could say that about the rest of
Moosewood's food.

Cate