notbob

Default Waring MG100 meat grinder

On 2003-10-09, Steve Wertz > wrote:

> My 300W Kitchenaid starts to overheat and barf after about 6lbs of
> brisket or butt chunks. 150W does seem a little weak.

Definitely. In fact, mine is not really any good at making sausage,
either. Running meat out of a grinder into a sausage tube is
basically a marketing gimmick, anyway. Real sausage making requires a
dedicated sausage stuffer, not a grinding/stuffing compromise. OTOH,
if one is just going to grind up a couple pounds of round for meat
loaf, these lightweight grinders may cut it, although 150w still
sounds pretty damn wimpy to me. I think I have a cocktail stirrer
with more muscle than that!

nb