notbob

Default Waring MG100 meat grinder

On 2003-10-08, Spam Magnet > wrote:

> Has anyone used this grinder? How do you like it?

I don't have one, but I saw it in Lowe's yesterday. While it looks
impressive, I think it's bogus packaging. That big 'ol case hides a
measly 150w motor. I can't imagine a motor that small hanging in
there when pushed. It might be adequate for grinding a couple chicken
breasts for chicken salad or enough beef for a few burgers, but I
can't see it pulling the load if you want to grind 10 lbs of sausage
and push it into a casing. I've got an old Sears grinder that's
barely adequate and it's got a 370w motor. Now, the drive goes
through a 90 deg set of bevel gears, but even with 30% power loss,
that's still 250w for grinding. And mine is half the size of the
MG100.

You might look at these grinders if you want some serious power.

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/meatgrinders.html

nb