Monroe, of course...

Default Making Chipotles

In article >, Kevin S.
Wilson > wrote:

> The boss brought me a couple pounds of jalapenos, nice big ones. Any
> advice on how to make them into chipotles on my Kamado?

Thread the whole peps together with butchers twine or monofilament or
whatever. Hang them from the spider. I custom bent some some of those
poultry closing pins for this.
Use mesquite smoke -heavily-this is a good use for that bag of mesquite
you never use.
Keep it between 150F and 200F - the lower the better.
Smoke 'em as long as you can stand it, til they get dry or you get sick
and tired. This is a good use for all those fines.
I like slicing the final product nacho ring style and mixing this with
minced/crushed garlic. Keeps fridged for months.
Dice and add to cheese dip!

monroe(muy bien)