BOB

Default Chef Juke's Raspberry-Chipotle Barbecue Sauce

Thomas Mooney typed:
> One question for any of you who have made this recipe:
>
> Do you recommend raspberry jam _with_ or _without_ seeds?
>
> We normally buy jam with seeds. But it occurs to me that a smoother
> consistency might be desired in a sauce.
>
> I'd experiment, but I'm making it for the first time for a party this
> weekend and I'd prefer not to inflict any of my mistakes on the guests.
> (It's not even my party, I'm just providing the Q for a friend's shindig.)
>
> TIA,

To me, it just doesn't taste like raspberry without the seeds. Texture
thing, I guess. I haven't made the exact Chef Juke's raspberry sauce, but I
have made several similar sauces and the one time I used seedless, it "tasted
funny". I don't think that it was anything other than the lack of seeds for
the texture. YMMV

BOB