Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default The 14th Annual Schaller Ribbon Report - long

In article >,
wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:20:22 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> > wrote:
>
> >Ribbon Sluts of the country, rise up!
> >
> >The Great Minnesota Get-Together began its 12-day run this morning at
> >0600.
> >

> >Somebody call Letterman or Craig Ferguson. Please. :-)
> >
> >The beat goes on. (Shut up, Bubba!!)

> I'm so amazed at all you've done. I've lurked off and on at rfp for
> years and your list of accomplishments keeps growing .
>
> A quilt of the ribbons is a awesome idea!
>
> snow
> ps i could kill for some good Pickled Dirt Chunks.. my favorite!

Snow, I'm told these are pretty good. :-)

Beet Pickles, posted to rec.food.preserving by Barb Schaller, 8-23-2008

? 3 cups sugar
? 3 cups water
? 3 cups cider vinegar
? 4 tablespoons mixed spices

Cook brine/syrup ingredients to boiling. Add 10 cups cooked beets and
boil 10 minutes. Cool, pack, and seal.

I packed the jars and poured the boiling syrup over; processed for 30
minutes in a boiling water bath, per NCHFP site.

Made a couple jars for 2008 Fair consideration -- and they won fourth
place--a RIBBON!! Hooyah!

Servings/Yield

7 pints

--