Matthew L. Martin

Default Need a burner for a Sunbeam Grillmaster 650

Hardball wrote:

> I got what I thought was a good deal when I picked up a lightly used
> Sunbeam Grillmaster 650 gas grill for $20. Now I need a replacement
> burner for it and the universal types don't look like they will fit.
> The gas tubes on the stock burner come out of the sides rather than
> from underneath like most burners do. The burner sits almost directly
> on the bottom of the grill so there isn't room to run the gas tubes
> under the burner like the universal replacements are run. Has anyone
> dealt with this problem before or know where to get a stock burner? I
> looked on Sunbeam's website but they don't mention making gas grills.

Is this a single 'U' shaped tube with a control at each end of the 'U'.
If it is, that gas grill could be a re-badged Char-Broil Precision Flame
8000 grill. Take a look for a burner kit for one of those, it might fit.
I've seen them at Loew's and Home Depot for ~$30.

Matthew

--
<http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
You can't break even.
You can't get out of the game.