Jack Schidt®

Default Rotisserie

"Aria" > wrote in message
news:zA6fb.5030$hp5.1325@fed1read04...
> Just bought one. Have tried chickens twice. Followed the time allotted in
> the recipe and both times the chicken was almost too moist and greasy.

Used
> the browning device and still did not meet my "crispy-desire". What is the
> secret that is used in chickens such as El Pollo Loco where the skin just
> melts in your mouth and is not just blobs of fat? The second time we
> injected it and the first time not...No real difference there....What are

we
> doing wrong?????
> My parents used to cook chickens that were delicious. They did nothing but
> stick them on the rotisserie with garlic, salt and pepper. Used no meat
> thermometer, did nothing special and they were always great....Can't

figure
> it out. HELP............

Pollo Loco cuts their chickens in half and grills them. They also have a
'secret brine' or marinade:

1 Lemon -- juiced
1 Orange -- juiced
2 Tablespoons White vinegar
2 Worcestershire sauce
1/2 Cup Chili sauce
2 Teaspoons Sugar
2 Teaspoons Garlic powder
Tabasco to taste
2 Tablespoons Oil

Just marinate chicken in this mixture for 4-24 hours. Grill 20 minutes
on each side. Serve with flour tortillas and fresh salsa.

To achieve crisper skin, it needs to be dry, so after pulling from marinade,
towel dry the bird and let it sit on a plate in the refrigerator for about
an hour. Get your grill up to about 400º and place the bird on the grill.
Enjoy!

The key is the temp and the dry skin, so I don't see why this couldn't adapt
to a rotisserie.

Jack

Jack