Posted to alt.food.barbecue
steve steve is offline

Default How can I fix my barbecue??

I have a charbroil king 8373.

After replacing the burner the barbecue still gives erratic weakish
yellow flame. I have adjusted the air flow and I have the same
problems. So Ive concluded that the regulator is broken. I have read
about how to try to reset the regulator but this does not work. So it
looks like the regulator is broken.

The problem is that I'm having problems finding the a hose that fits.
The issue is that the side burner uses a fitting like a square bit of
brass with the threads in the side. This is so that it can fit on the
side of the control knob. I bought a new pigtail gas line, where the
one line fits find on the main burner ok but the second pigtail to
the side burner is not right type and it seems they are all this style
now. When I called one burner place he berated me for try to replace
it because these are crimped fittings and not safe etc and said I
would have to replace the whole thing and so on. However the new one i
bought that does not fit is crimped also ??.

Anyway, cant some professional place take the old fittings and re
crimp them onto a new hose. Is that legal. or secondly cant I try to
find a fitting that will take the new gas line and make it work on the
old fitting. I would prefer this option really reather than buying an
exact hose since this seems to be the way that all barb. are going. If
I bought the new type and then someday bought a new barb. I could use
the one I replace on my old barb as a spare.

I just don't know what really to do. I dont really want to buy a new
barbecue. This is a solid barb and the new barb are just crap tin or
stainless if I want to pay more. I like the solidness my current
barb.

by the way I'm in Canada.

Regards