Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Desideria Desideria is offline

Default Wood chips on gas

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 21:42:38 +0100, "Dasco" >
wrote:

>Hi - Please excuse the newbie question: Can I use wood chips to enhance the
>flavour of food, using a gas barbeque without coals or lava rock?
>TIA - Dave

Yes, you sure can! (finally, a question this newbie can answer, though
others will have more details)

Some gas grills come with smoke boxes--mine doesn't have one, so I
have a cast iron smoke box I bought separately. I understand you can
also just soak the wood chips in water then wrap them in aluminum foil
and poke holes in the foil.

Not a perfect fix, of course, and it's something I'll have to play
with more to get better results.

Desideria