Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Lodge Color or Tramontina?

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:09:19 GMT, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:44:15 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 16:57:35 GMT, blake murphy
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>in any case, your reasoning would seem to apply more to the le crueset
>>>brand than to the lodge.

>> Basically, I'm tired of hearing brand names bandied about as it
>> matters one tiny bit to the end product. I don't care if your black
>> cast iron is Lodge or the one that starts with G or not. Same with
>> any other cookware. I don't need or want to know what brand it is.
>> If you used a souffle dish, I don't care what brand it is (which
>> makes as much difference as what color it is)... give me the important
>> details like size.

>i think the brand conveys a fair amount of information. and i don't think
>people are boasting about owning lodge, which isn't all that expensive.
>
>i mean, people aren't giving recipes saying 'sauté an onion in a t-fal
>triple-ply frying pan' like it was the pillsbury bake-off or something.

I guess it's all in the perspective.
http://i34.tinypic.com/5ckety.jpg

I don't mind when someone asks if one brand of enameled cast iron is
any better than another, but for someone to write I made this dish
with my brand X pan is completely different. You might as well be
telling me you went jogging in your Asics yesterday and going to work
in your Aldos today. TMI!

Mae West