Posted to rec.food.preserving
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Victorio (style) tomato strainer - any tips on the vacuum base?

"Mark A.Meggs" > wrote in message

> That sounds like mine. The shaft for the screw fits into a nylon
> bearing/bushing - the crank slides in from the other side mating up
> with a couple of slots in the shaft.
>
> This is day 2 for me - a thin clear plastic gasket that sits between
> the body of the strainer and the metal screen has already been eaten.

I know the gasket you mean. It's difficult to twist the strainer on an catch
the gasket just right. I have another tomato/food mill that's a bit smaller
and doesn't have these problems. It's made in Italy. I looked for a pic
online and couldn't find one.