Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gregory Morrow[_62_] Gregory Morrow[_62_] is offline

Default Ratatouille - BOOM BOOM BOOM...!!!

Lynn from Fargo wrote:

On Aug 15, 12:58 pm, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:
> Michael "Dog3" wrote:
> > "Gregory Morrow" >
> om:in rec.food.cooking

> > > At this moment I am cooking up some ratatouille ( a standard recipe,
> > > plus I'm adding some Boar's Head bacon that I had in the freezer)...

> > > This weekend is the 50th Annual Chicago Air & Water Show, lots of jets
> > > and things zooming RIGHT above, and very low too...right now they are
> > > practicing for their Friday afternoon show. It's pretty
> > > spectacular...

> > > It's a splendid lovely sunny day...cooking ratatouille...an iced
> > > coffee spew from one of Sheldon's "bon mots"...and a Stealth bomber a
> > > few hundred feet above keeping me all safe...what's to complain
> > > about...???

> > > Hope y'all have a GREAT weekend, kids...

> > Sounds really fun. When I lived in the Central West End, our condo faced
> > Forest Park. From our terrace you could see the entire hot air balloon
> > race. Some of the ballons would fly just a few yards from the terrace.
> > It was spectacular.

> > Greg... grab the binoculars and see if you can get a glimplse of the
> > pilots

> A flyboy would be a dream catch for sure...
>
> ;-p
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

Greg,
You got Thunderbirds (USAF) or Blue Angels (USN) ?
When i was MUCH younger I was riding a bike on Highway 83 past Minot
Air Force Base. A fighter jet came over the road to approach the
landing strip. That son of a gun was so low I could tell you the
color of the pilot's EYES!

Lynn in Fargo
300 Miles from Minot as the B5'2s fly

----------------------

GM:

This year it's the Blue Angels...and Florence Henderson is "Mistress of
Ceremonies" for the whole shebang...!!!

You guys up in the Dakotas and Montana would have been among the first to be
toast during an all - out US - USSR nuclear exchange, you've lots of bases,
ICBM silos, etc...and Omaha is also a major nexus of military and civilian
communication too, that was a major target.

Hopefully those scary days are over...unless the Russkies get a little bit
too "feisty"...

--
Best
Greg