Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Lodge Color or Tramontina?

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 03:01:18 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>On Fri 15 Aug 2008 07:42:40p, MareCat told us...
>
>> "EZ Larry" > wrote in message
>>>I had a dutch oven many years ago, but no longer, and my wife's
>>> 35-year-old RevereWare is just a tad too small.
>>>
>>> My local Walmart has the Lodge Color 6-quart in blue, green, and red:
>>>
>>> http://www.walmart.com/search/search...nt=0&search_qu
>>> ery=lodge+color&ic=48_0&Find.x=18&Find.y=2

>> Another vote for Lodge here. I received the Lodge in blue as a gift this
>> past Christmas and love it.
>>
>> Mary

>I don't really need any more enamelled cast iron cookware. My Le Creuset
>will certainly outlive me, but the prices on the Lodge cookware are
>astronomically lower than Le Creuset and they look like terrific pieces.
>If I were to buy more, it would probably be Lodge.

Here's my opinion.... I wouldn't buy Lodge if it was handed to me on a
silver platter because there are too many sycophants here for me to
trust that brand. Logde wasn't a name I knew before I stumbled into
this news group and it's not the only cast iron on the market... at
least it wasn't when I was buying cast iron. Certain posters sound
like little kid.... If it's not branded (and expensive), it's not any
good. Pffft! Treat it right and it will outlast "you".

Mae West