Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Garlic presses

On 2008-08-15, Corey Richardson > wrote:
> If anyone's looking for a replacement Garlic press, I can thoroughly
> recommend a Zyliss. In the past I've bought cheap ones and they've
> lasted at most a year, but the Zyliss is still going strong over 10
> years later.

I see a lot of new model garlic presses from zyliss and others. They are so
cool and chic. Curved handles, modern designs, colors, etc. Mostly, they
look like the same old junk in new shapes, nothing more. And the prices!

You want a good hard-working garlic press that kicks ass and is easy to use?
The handles are quite long giving excellent leverage. Three or four cloves
is no problem for this plain jane press. No separate parts. No special
hole cleaning thingies. Just good ol' well designed garlic crushing power
at a reasonable price.

http://www.greenfeet.com/itemdesc.as...005-01496-0000

From my previous post on this press:

"This sucker is built! The ad says it's 7" long, but it's really 7-1/2"
long. This gives the user a lot of leverage, making crushing effortless.
The press cup is 1-1/2" dia x 1-1/2" deep. It's also a 3-piece articulated
press. NEVER buy a 2-piece press. 2-piece presses have insufficient
leverage. I'm confident this'll be the last press you buy."

I've tried a few others since. This one still whups ass!

nb