Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Chinon rose and Vouray with a vegetarian dinner

So yesterday we had a friend up from city to celebrate his birthday.
Another friend was joining us, but was delayed. We sipped leftover
Kesseler Spatlese (good) and enjoyed a gorgeous springlike summer
evening. When Sue arrived we gathered around the patio table. As she
is a vegetarian, we made do without meat. A squash soup was followed
by tomatoes stuffed with pasta and vegggies (from
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...=&pagewanted=2
we actually had this at La Zucca Magica last summer) and a grilled
eggplant risotto. We had two wines:

2007 Pinon "Silex Noir" Vouvray
Clean, some chalky mineral, almost tropical edge to the fruit, I';d
call this demi-sec. Good length, zesty, bright. I like a lot. B+

2007 JM Raffault Chinon Rosé
Light body, yet good strawberry fruit with an accent of spice and
herbs. Bright, light, and not the least bit tight. Easy drinking, good
rose. B/B+

There was cheese and a birthday cake. I also had an older bottle of
Malescot St Exupery as Charles has said Margaux (appellation) is his
favorite wine, but when cheese course came we agreed for driving
reasons not to open. Next time. Lovely cool night on patio.