Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Easy "Asian" Chicken Dish

On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:44:32 -0700, Serene Vannoy
> wrote:

>Steve Pope wrote:
>
>> I didn't know one could buy fermented/preserved black beans.
>> I'll have to look for those.

>Coincidentally, I saw them in the international aisle at the Berkeley
>Bowl today and almost bought some.
>
>Serene

Almost? I thought you stir fried! Did you see " salted (fermented)
black beans", in a round box? They keep FOREVER in the refrigerator!
Mix them up with ginger, garlic, and onion, pour on a neutral oil like
peanut oil and you can keep it (chilled) for months. Use as a base
for stir fry... beef and asparagus (or broccoli), for instance.

Mae West