Auntie Nettles

Default Why I like soy milk

"rick etter" > wrote in message hlink.net>...
> "BlueHeron" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >

> > Common Man wrote:

> boiled

> > Which is pretty funny, considering that at least in Canada, "natural"
> > flavour is simply soybean and water, which, imho is perfectly natural.
> > Certainly more so than the stuff that goes into cow milk these days
> > (milk, preservatives, vitamins, stabilizers, etc).
> >
> > http://www.sonice.ca/English/beverages_natural.html
> >
> > Before you go calling people ignorant, you should at least know what you
> > are talking about.

> ==================
> Maybe you should take your own advice stupid. Learn how to use your
> computer and reply to the person that actually wrote what your spewing
> about.
> The fact remains that the *vegan* products we're talking about are far from
> natural. The example you cited is not the whole truth. You can get meats
> without any additives added to the cow, or the meat afterwords.

A better suggestion if you want "natural" is hunting, preferably far
away from polluted areas. Or small farms that raise native animals
on native diets. The word is that most modern commercial farms use a
whole concoction of drugs, antibiotics, hormones and other additives
to feed their stock so they can gain bulk at a faster rate. They even
feed cows newspaper and feed made from animal by-product. How
"natural" can that be? A cow in its natural state does not consume
animal products.

>You cannot
> get your substitues without mono-culture farming. Again, farming is not
> 'natural'. Filling the fields with posions is hardly what I would call
> anything near 'natural'.

And what do you think those grain-fed cows eat -- manna from heaven?

> > Now if the discussion was about "plain", "original", vanilla, chocolate
> > or any other flavour, then you would be right. They start joining the
> > "drink" group and seriously start moving away from the 100% natural group
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > -- Blue

P.S. I like soy milk for what it is -- not as a milk substitute, but
because some of the brands just taste pretty good. They seem more
refreshing than milk.