Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default How About A Side Of Hypocrisy

SystemX wrote:
> Dutch wrote:
>> SystemX wrote:

>>> Nothing blasé about fact.
>>>

>> Facts aren't blasé, perspectives can be.

> It is a fact that "We are nothing but animals on a planet". What
> evidence would lead you to come to a different perspective?

I never said we weren't animals on a planet, you're
setting up a strawman. But we are, as humans, more
than "just" animals.

> What evidence do you have for this wishy washy notion of God as an
> "organising force"?

I would prefer to avoid the word "God", it carries a
lot a negative baggage, like religion and all that
entails. But evidence of an "organizing force"? Just
take a look around, everything is organized in
patterns. The physical world operates according to
strict laws, the structure of everything, every living
thing, the way they live, is highly organized. We
reflect this in our behaviour, our social structures,
governments, we tend to organize everything we touch.

Look at a leaf under a microscope, where is the
evidence to support the view that things are random?