Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,talk.politics.animals
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default How About A Side Of Hypocrisy

SystemX wrote:
> Dutch wrote:
>> SystemX wrote:

>>> Perhaps your understanding of animals is limited by your power of
>>> perception.

>> Of course, we only know the world through the filters of our
>> perception. How could it be otherwise?
>>

>>> I get the feeling you're confused, perhaps indoctrinated.

>> Ahh, out come the daggers, I must have hit a nerve.

> No. You seem confused,

When contemplating the universe perhaps appearing
confused is a sign of wisdom. One of the new and
exciting principles of physics is uncertainty.

> and seem to be balancing a view between their
> being a God and not.

I think I stated my position quite clearly. I reject
"religion" per se, along with "worship" and most other
artifacts of conventional religion. But there is a
force underlying everything, far more powerful than
nuclear energy, and we are each manifestations of that
force. The idea that nothing we can't see does not
exist is simply naive. Quantum physics is exploring
whole new realms of reality.

>> Perhaps your "self-indoctrination" as an agnostic-atheist is causing
>> internal distress?

> Not really. I'm quite happy with my view. I'm not sitting on a fence.

"I seem to hover between being an agnostic and an
atheist."