C. James Strutz

Default Why I like soy milk

"Common Man" <not.public@> wrote in message
s.com...
> On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 20:44:21 GMT, "William Hershman"
> > wrote:
>

> >"Jonathan Ball" > wrote in message
> link.net...

> >> Oh, man, I would *love* a K1200. I've lusted over them
> >> at the BMW dealer where I bought mine, but I just can't
> >> afford one, and as the father of a young (3-1/2) boy, I
> >> am beginning to think I shouldn't ride a motorcycle at all.

anyway.

> >> Although the 1200s look huge (to me, anyway), I've sat
> >> on them, and it didn't feel like something I couldn't
> >> handle. I'm rather short, though - 5'6" - and on my
> >> K75, I can't get both feet flat on the ground at a
> >> stop. I usually just get one foot solidly on the
> >> ground and leave the other on the peg.
> >>
> >> Do you ride one?
> >>

> >No. I'd love to, but it's that same kid thing...I have three now,

13, 11
> >and 8. Also Pittsburgh is not the greatest two-wheeler friendly

city. My
> >brother had a Harley Davidson Sportster back when I was a teenager,

and he
> >let me ride it a few times, but I think that I'm way better off not

riding.
> >I tend to go to extremes, and I don't think I would make tasty

roadkill.

> I didn't think Pittsburgh was the greatest four-wheeler city for

that
> matter either. I grew up not far from there in central PA.

Why do you have that impression? The only thing that distinguishes
Pittsburgh from most other cities is lots of hills and rivers. We have
lots of bridges and tunnels as a result. I skate with a group of
people through the streets of Pittsburgh all the time. Drivers
tolerate us and bikers remarkably well.